Thursday, June 20, 2013

Thirsty Thursday...Iced Tea Cubes

Hi everyone!! The weather is getting warmer in this part of the world and that means 2 things for me...iced tea and iced coffee.

Thought I would share a quick tip, so your summer drinks aren't watered down with regular ice cubes.

Iced Tea Cubes...

iced tea cubes

Remember my egg tray organizer post? You can click HERE for that.

egg tray

I used an egg tray from your refrigerator to organize lots of things around the house.

egg tray organizer

Well, today I used the tray to make cute iced tea cubes.

iced tea cubes

Great to add a little lemon wedge to some too.

iced tea cubes

Fill them up and freeze.

iced tea cubes

Iced tea cubes won't dilute your glass of iced tea with water. It will keep it delicious from top to bottom.

iced tea cubes

Aren't the round "egg tray" cubes cute?!!?

iced tea cubes

Perfect!
iced tea cubes

Iced Tea Cubes...

iced tea cubes

and don't forget to do your "Iced Coffee" too. I did a post HERE 2 years ago for that.

iced coffee cubes


You can try this tip with any drink actually.

  • lemonade...add raspberries or strawberries to the cube
  • fruit punch...add fruit
  • green tea...add lemon

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day,
~Karen~


Pin It

10 comments:

  1. Hi Karen,I also freeze herbs,leftover chicken or beef stock,tomato paste,leftover soups and pestos in fridge egg trays to add to any stews or pasta dishes!!!Again,A great idea!!!Have a happy weekend!!!
    Love
    AMarie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever - thanks for the great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto on "so clever." The ice cubes make for a great presentation for a simple glass if ice tea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the "lemon twist" to this idea... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been doing this for 10 years now these make it SOOOOO Goooooo all day long in the Summer heat here in Texas it's a must!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love iced coffee in the summer. Never thought of making coffee ice cubes. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tips and ideas are so great. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea, and your new countertops make a beautiful background for the pics! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are always thinking 'outside the box' great idea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute way to freeze them. My only problem...I drink my tea to quickly to worry about it getting watery. haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails